7.03.2012

well look what the cat dragged in...



if you happen to pick up the august/september issue of vogue patterns you may see a familiar face on page 9!

robin denning, of a little sewing, and the new editor of vogue patterns contacted me awhile ago to see if i would like to have my rachel comey for vogue patterns top, v1247 (click here for the original post), featured in the upcoming edition's "what are you sewing". and boy did i ever!! this was such exciting news to me - i was completely floored! and of course said yes in all sorts of dorkasaurus ways! 

well a good bit of time passed and my very own issue arrived in the mail and not only did i get the thrill of seeing this here mug in print - but i had the added thrill of seeing that i was also the winner of a one-year subscription to vogue patterns! yes please!!!! doublefistpumphighfivekaratechopkick!!!!

i am so excited for robin and her new career venture, not only because i think she'll be fantastic, but also because its just so very inspiring to see someone's passion and love of sewing move from the basement or extra bedroom or whatever corner of the house its shoved, and come out into the limelight and take center stage. 

so congratulations again, robin! and thank you so much for thinking of me. i am delighted to be a part of the magazine, and can't wait to get my paws on upcoming issues of vogue patterns!!

xx

oh and p.s - for those of you that asked about my shoes in the last post - they are by anniel. i picked mine up on sale from my favorite store in houston, leap, but according to polyvore they seem to be sold at various locations across the internet. it looks like the prices are all over the place right now, so you could probably pick them up for a good deal if you do a bit of hunting! good luck!

32 comments:

  1. Miss Crayola CreepyJuly 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM

    Whoa! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. congratulations. It always feels so nice when your efforts are recognised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you! That is so fantastic - that blog post is how I stumbled upon your blog. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well deserved spotlight! I've always loved that top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEEAH GIRL!!!! congratulations! i love the way you summed up robin's journey, too.  so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Congrats on not only getting a free subscription, but also on being featured!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oMG you're world famous (in sewing) that is so awesome! Also the years subscription doesn't hurt either hey? Gooood stuff XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! The top is fantastic! Plain color emphasizes a unique design so beautifully! Unfortunately for the original pattern, the cover picture does not enhance this absolutely classy design in flattering fabric. You nailed it! Enjoy one year subscription! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!!  Mad props (or whatever the kids are saying these days)!  That's so, so cool!  And that top was such a total win-- I'm so glad to see it getting some recognition!  Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sis!  I'm so darned happy for you!  That is so super cool!  I may just have to go out and grab an issue myself and do some good sewing reads!  This is so fantastic.  Congrats to the coolest sewing cat I know!  xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on getting your lovely top featured in Vogue magazine!  So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo Hoo! This is the kind of kudos that make Mommies puff up their chest feathers with pride!! Congratulations Sweetheart! I will be making a stop at JoAnn Fabrics today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought that top looked great when I saw it a few posts back.  Good work! and fantastic news on the magazine piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! that's amazing, congrats! You are certainly deserving - that top has been one of my favourite of your makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course you're in Vogue Patterns. You should be in every damn issue, mama. Congrats! One question since I've never actually bought an issue - does it include patterns or is it just a magazine/catalogue?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool!  You're famous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats lady!! That top looks so good, not surprised at all it would end up here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so now you are famous!  that is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, so cool!  Congrats Sallie!  That top is really lovely on you :)  

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh YES. I'm sure this is just the first of many appearances. :)
    I bought this pattern a while ago but completely forgot about it 'till now... your creme crepe de chine is about a  million times more flattering than the cover sample!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations stylish lady, it's well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations - that's so exciting.  I love that top too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations lady! I'm fist pumping for you too! Isn't it great to see your hard work pay off? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. DUDE THAT IS SO AWESOME. Congratulations, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, that is too cool! That was and is an amazing blouse, too. Karatechop back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great job - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sallie - I have a proposition for you. Would you mind emailing me at stitchandwitter@gmail.com so I can send you my idea? Don't worry - I'm not selling anyfink :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. By the way congrats on this - tis super-amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats! That's well-deserved. You make really great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! You're famous :D Very well-deserved, you.

    ReplyDelete